How to Get Certified in Project Management
Written by ESPM
A professional approach to project management
The discipline of Project Management,to be considered professional has to have rigorous standards and guidelines that define working methodologies.
Skill is the demonstrated ability to know how to apply Project Management knowledge and specific methodologies, together with personal skills, in project implementation.
The certification process includes all activities by which the "Certification Body" determines whether a candidate has mastered the specific skills required. Eligibility achieved through an assessment process, differentiated by level, using a set of tools: documentation submitted by the candidate, the written test and interview.
Involvement in the certification process in Project Management is an incentive to:
- Expand and improve knowledge and experience
- Continue training and professional study
- Improve quality in managing projects
- Improve efficiency in achieving the objectives of the project.
The returns of the certification program are:
- For Project Managers: obtaining an internationally recognized certificate, certifying their expertise in Project Management;
- For Companies: providing services in Project Management: Documenting the professional skills of its personnel;
- For Clients: increased confidence in project management by certified project managers in line with the highest international standards.