Written by ESPM
The PMI Southern Italy Chapter was created to promote the mission and objectives of the Project Management Institute, through two primary purposes:
- promotion of projects: spreading the principles and techniques of professional project management awareness design approach, promoting dialogue and exchange of knowledge and professions, the business community and business, companies and the public authorities, universities and schools in professional associations.
- promote professional growth: supporting the figure, the role and responsibilities of the Project Manager through events, exchanges of experiences and initiatives also based on local needs, defining activities and training that strengthen the professional skills of the Project Manager and support the process of qualification, in accordance with the programs of PMI Certification.
In support of the objectives listed above the following fundamental guidelines have been identified:
- Develop opportunities for interaction and exchange of experiences not only among members, but also between them and other actors of this discipline in Italy and in Europe, with particular reference to the Mediterranean basin;
- to compare more 'traditional' methods, where Project Management is more codified and present, examining possible models for general reference and migrating content and methodology to these realities as well;
- raising awareness in government institutions to the processes and practices of Project Management; provide opportunities and inspiration for young people, through high profile cultural and educational Schools / University so they can find a new profession in Project Management, full of stimuli, and able to trigger growth, innovation and development in the field.